Review // Jovees Apricot and Almond Face Scrub

It’s a good idea to exfoliate your skin gently about twice or thrice a week.  Exfoliate helps to come off sebum, sweat, and dead skin cells so you get the benefits of your sunscreen and moisturizer too. Today, I will be reviewing Jovees Apricot and Almond Face Scrub which is my current favorite. 


Product claims:
A cream based scrub that contains specially treated granules which aid in removing dead epithelial cells, improves the quality of cells, gives skin a youthful & fresh look.

Key Ingredients: Apricot kernel oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, walnut shell powder.

Directions for use: Moisten face. Apply all over face and neck. Massage gently with fingertips for 2 to 3 minutes in a circular motion. Rinse thoroughly. Preferably follow with Jovees white water lily moisturizing lotion
 
My Experience: 

The scrub comes in a sizeable squeeze tube with a narrow nozzle that controls even the tiniest amount of product well when dispensing. The tube is secured and has a white flip cap, which is quite sturdy and tight enough. This kind of packing is absolutely travel-friendly. It has a soft and a very creamy consistency with tiny light brown granules of walnut shell particles; the granules are not harsh on my dry skin. The texture is quite thick but it spreads with ease on damp skin.  It has very mild fragrance which isn’t too bothering.


I've had a few experiences with facial scrubs in the past. I've found many of them to be much too harsh on my skin. However, this scrub has changed my perception on using scrubs as part of my skincare routine. 

This scrub has a very creamy consistency, which is almost like a cream and gives a moisturizing effect after wash and I don’t feel any dryness on my face. I think this is only because of the presence of almond oil and apricot oil both act as a moisturizer. 

These scrub particles are enough in number to proper exfoliation for a smoother and clear face. The walnut shell particles are a great natural exfoliating agent that removes dead cells as well as blackheads effectively.  It’s very gentle to the skin.  After the use of this scrub, I do use very little amount of moisturizer or cream. A real plus point for me is the smell of the product, I like it, and it smells wonderfully fresh.

Pros of Jovees Apricot and Almond Face Scrub:
  1. Doesn’t dry out the skin at all.
  2.  Removes dead cells effectively
  3. The fragrance is not overpowering
  4. Leave skin super soft and supple
  5. Help remove dirt and grime from pores…even blackheads to some extent
  6. Herbal ingredients and hence safer
  7. Cheap for the quantity you get
  8. Ease of availability
  9. I love the texture too
Cons Jovees Apricot and Almond Face Scrub:

Honestly speaking  I don’t have any issues with this scrub. But it can make oily skin more greasy (I guess).

Overall, I am quite impressed with this scrub. Jovees Apricot and Almond Face Scrub is a good scrub that is creamy and it removes dead skin cells quite effectively. After every use, it keeps the skin moisturized and fresh. It also has a fresh smell too. Jovees Apricot and Almond Face Scrub is an incredible product but like what I always say, what works for me might not work for you and vice versa. But I definitely recommend trying out this product, as it is only Rs116 for 100 gm, so if it doesn't work for you, you won't feel bad for throwing it out or use as a body scrub. But I am sure dry skin beauties would love this scrub.

BALM Rating : 4.9/5
Follow Beauty and Lifestyle Mantra on FacebookTwitterBloglovin and Instagram   so you don't miss a post!

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Nice review babe! Jovees makes good products, sad that people aren't choosing these over others.
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review hun...I love Jovees products too...xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review :) My cousin swears by this scrub

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the review. I have used couple of Jovees products and liked it. This might be tad bit heavy for me but nonetheless great product :)

    Recently Posted:PAC Retro Matte Gloss 18 review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review :) Would love to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The above mentioned matter is easy to not only understand but also explain. Even I can elaborate subject of this article now very easily because I it is easy to understand for me. Really a creative expert skill possessed by author.
    จัด ทรง กระเป่า

    ReplyDelete